- I hear the static crackling when it turns on (the same as on my other Mitsubishi)
- It can still degauss itself
- I can hear the whine that all CRTs have when the display is on
- The indicator LED correctly identifies when it's receiving input.
- Windows 10 recognises the EDID and gets its name and the resolutions it supports
- I can set the resolution in the Windows display settings and the monitor will make a little squeak as it changes resolution, but it stays black the whole time.
- It has VGA and BNC connectors at the back but the problem is the same with both (there's also the serial connector that looks similar to PS/2 with more pins, but I don't have anything to test that with).
I've tried pugging it into my motherboard's VGA port, an old discrete GPU's VGA, a DisplayPort to VGA adapter and an active (tested and working) DVI-D to VGA adapter, and all of it behaved the same.
I'm guessing the issue happened due to transport shock during shipping despite my best efforts. I'm feeling confident that it's repairable since the tube has displayed stuff, however briefly, and am guessing something just came loose.